– Listen to this interview to find out how to win a copy of the documentary “Viktor & I”–
Movie Trailer: Viktor & I, An Alexander Vesely
In this episode, I spoke with Alexander Vesely about his grandfather, Viktor Frankl.
Viktor Emil Frankl, M.D., Ph.D. (1905-1997) is considered by many as one of the greatest thinkers of the 20th century.
He was an Austrian neurologist and psychiatrist, as well as a Holocaust survivor.
Frankl is known by many via his best-selling book Man’s Search For Meaning.
Alex Vesely is an Austrian-born filmmaker and trained psychotherapist.
His movie – “Viktor & I” – is an impactful documentary about his eminent grandfather, Viktor Frankl.
For three years, he traveled the world to bring us this insightful look at Viktor Frankl through the eyes of those closest to him.
In our conversation we discussed:
– How to introduce the life work of Viktor Frankl to the next generation
– What is logotherapy
– How logotherapy can help people on their journey of personal development
– How Viktor Frankl spoke about despair (despair is suffering without meaning: d=s-m)
– The core of resilience and the role of meaning
– How Alex realized that his grandfather was the famous Viktor Frankl
– How the experience of being Frankl’s grandson shaped him
– How Frankl lived the maximum “The salvation of man is through love and in love” in his personal life and that of his family
– How does one surrender judgement in order to practice forgiveness
– How Viktor Frankl spoke about Responsibility