038: Essentialism by Greg McKeown
By: Ana Melikian | Posted in: Podcast Episodes | Friday, Jun 12, 2015 - 9:57pm
To conclude my series of podcast episodes about the importance of “Focusing”, I was honored to interview Greg McKeown, author of the New York Times Best Seller Book – Essentialism: the Disciplined Pursuit of Less.
Greg has taught at companies that include Apple, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Salesforce, and Pixar.
He is also an amazing keynote speaker that I had the opportunity to meet at the ICON15– The InfusionSoft Annual Conference held in Phoenix, Arizona.
Here are some of the topics we spoke about:
- What is “Essentialism”?
- Information and opinion overload
- Emails in mobile devices as a distraction
- Discern between the vital few and the trivial many
- Becoming an essentialist is not an event, it’s a process
- Importance of pressing the pause button
- Small changes produce big results
- The power of a short breathing exercise
- The paradox of success
- Essentialism is not one more thing
- Essentialism is a journey
- Three Simple Daily Practices to Become an Essentialist:
- Press the pause button – Breath slowly for 3 breaths
- Top Six Priorities – Focus on the first one: The Priority
- Write Down Five Successful Trade-offs and Celebrate that!