Change is a Messy Journey: From Wall Street to New Hope with Irma Jennings
“It’s these magic moments that drop in and say, ‘It’s time to go left now.”
Today, Irma joins me to share her story. She talks about how she got involved in Wall Street in the first place and gives an insight into what it was like to be a woman on Wall Street in the 1970s.
She notes the power of curiosity, talks about being a good parent while working, and discusses handling the messiness of life.
Irma also shares how she pivoted from trading to identifying food as medicine and the ensuing lessons she learned.
This Week on The Mindset Zone:
- How Irma got involved in Wall Street
- Being a woman on Wall Street in the 70s
- The power of curiosity
- Being a good parent while working
- Identifying food as medicine
- Handling the messiness of change
- The power of resilience
Irma Jennings, INHC, Holistic Bone Coach, went from the boardroom on Wall Street to the cutting board in her kitchen to pursue her true passion, Food for Healthy Bones®. She has never looked back. Irma earned her certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, continued her studies with extraordinary “Food as Medicine” teachers around the world in India, Bali, Costa Rica, and Thailand. She keeps learning more every day to help women with osteopenia and osteoporosis navigate these diagnoses, treatment options, as well as, how to eat (and live) healthier to strengthen their bones (and themselves) from the inside out. Irma sees clients privately (in person and on zoom) and has a thriving community, Bones Tribe, where members exceed their expectations about living vibrant lives.
- Connect with Irma Jennings on LinkedIn
- Find great resources on her website: https://food4healthybones.com
- Check her out on the PBS special, “Stronger Bones, Longer Life” with Dr. Lani Simpson where she showcased Food for Healthy Bones.
- You can check out her “Food Stamp Challenge” blog where she’ll show you how to feed your bones for less than $5.00 a day.