Everything Is Connected with Neil Redding
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
“There is a fundamental way in which the world is connected, even if we don’t understand it intuitively.”
Neil joins us today to discuss the deep connectedness of the world and why being aware of that connection matters. He explains the power of words to create an emotional experience and how inclusive language can help us see the connection of everything in the world.
He discusses holistic integrated ecosystems and the value of seeing your business in the context in which it operates. He also describes examples of connectedness in nature and outlines the steps we can take towards creating a deeper understanding of our connection with each other and the world.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Why it’s important to see that everything in the world is connected
- How the events of 2020 led Neil to his philosophy that the world is connected
- How thinking about issues in a systemic, global way can help us solve them
- Seeing connectedness in nature
- The deep connectedness between particles and the universe
- The human desire to make a dent in the universe
- Developing the power of words and language
- Building the frameworks through which we can see the world as connected
Neil Redding is a speaker, author, and the Founder and CEO of Redding Futures, a boutique consultancy that enables brands and businesses to powerfully engage with the Near Future. A Near Futurist and Innovation Architect, Neil has spoken at several conferences including Creative Technology Week, Design+AI, and VRevolution. Before founding Redding Futures, Neil served in leadership roles at Mediacom, Proximity/BBDO, and ThoughtWorks, among others. He is also the editor of Near Future of Retail and the author of the forthcoming book, The Ecosystem Paradigm.