Human Potential. Unlocked. Tammy Gooler Loeb interviews Ana Melikian
“Within us, we have this amazing potential wanting to be unlocked.”
– Ana Melikian
In this episode, I join Tammy at the Work from the Inside Out podcast to discuss unlocking human potential. We explore my academic journey and how I became fascinated with personal development at a young age. We discuss the several pivots I’ve made in my career and how I became a life coach.
We describe the systemic and cultural disruptions of the past few years and how organizations and leaders can respond effectively to change. We also highlight the relationship between business and personal problems and underscore the importance of doing inner work and having strong core values.
This episode was rebroadcast here at the Mindset Zone with explicit consent from Tammy Gooler Loeb,the host of Work from the Inside Out.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Ana's life growing up in a small village in Portugal and her early interest in human development
- How an individual’s external system impacts their internal world
- What Ana learned about perception and her own culture after traveling overseas for college
- Studying psychology in college and how Ana's interest in technology served her
- Ana's time pursuing a Master’s in Psychotherapy at Salamanca, Spain
- How systemic psychotherapy can complement traditional psychology
- How organizations and their leaders can adapt to a fast-changing culture
- The growth mindset and why Ana decided to pursue a Master’s degree in Spain despite her early challenges in speaking foreign languages
- The messiness of change and the twists and turns of Ana's career
- How Ana stumbled into life coaching and why she decided to become a life coach
- How the “Book Yourself Solid” system by Michael Port helped Ana launch my coaching practice
- Her advice to people making transitions and changes in their career.
Tammy Gooler Loeb is a career and executive coach, speaker, and facilitator who has been helping her clients clarify their goals, develop personalized plans, and achieve fulfilling results since 1991. She is also a core guide and executive coach at Chief, a private member network for women executives. Before establishing her coaching practice—Tammy Gooler Loeb Coaching & Consulting—Tammy held various roles in mental health services, higher education, public policy, and fundraising. She formerly served as the Master Coach for the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley for over nine years and worked as an executive and leadership coach for the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Tammy graduated from Hampshire College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Boston University. She hosts the Work from the Inside Out podcast and is the author of Work from the Inside Out: Break Through Nine Common Obstacles and Design a Career That Fulfills You.
Connect with Tammy Gooler Loeb:
- Tammy Gooler Loeb Website
- Book: Work from the Inside Out: Break Through Nine Common Obstacles and Design a Career That Fulfills You
- Podcast: Work from the Inside Out on Apple Podcasts
- Podcast: Work from the Inside Out on Google Podcasts
- Podcast: Work from the Inside Out on Spotify
- Tammy Gooler Loeb on LinkedIn
- Tammy Gooler Loeb on Instagram
- Tammy Gooler Loeb on Facebook
- Original Episode: Work from the Inside Out Episode 201 – Human Potential. Unlocked.
- Book: Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling by Michael Port