Is It Mindset or Is It Action?
Josh Patrick interviews Ana Melikian, Ph.D.
“There are times when action needs to lead mindset.”
In this interview previously aired on Josh’s podcast, we ask the question: which comes first, action or mindset? We define mindset and discuss the difference between worldview and mindset. We discuss the glasses analogy and talk about Carol Dweck’s distinction between growth mindset and fixed mindset. We share how to tell when to improve your strengths and when to improve your weaknesses, and we discuss the importance of a capacity to learn. Josh notes the need to be honest with yourself when assessing your strengths and weaknesses, and we talk about what it means to live your values while running your business.
This Week on The Mindset Zone:
- Which comes first: action or mindset?
- Defining mindset
- Worldview vs mindset
- Growth mindset vs fixed mindset
- When to focus on your strengths and when to work on improving your weaknesses
- Transitioning from the beginning stages of your business to the more advanced stages
- Living your values while running your business
Josh Patrick is a dear friend with deep experience as a business consultant and is passionate about helping business owners create extraordinary value with their companies and their lives. Josh is also the author of two easy-to-read and powerful books: Sustainable: A Fable About Creating a Personally and Economically Sustainable Business and The Sale Ready Company: What it Takes to Create a Business Someone Would Want to Own, Even If You Have No Intention of Selling.
Resources from this Episode:
- Connect with Josh Patrick: Website | LinkedIn | Podcast
- Sustainable: A Fable About Creating a Personally and Economically Sustainable Business by Josh Patrick
Related Mindset Zone episodes:
- Growth Mindset – Yes, We Can Learn It
- The Power of YET – A Growth Mindset Secret
- The Other Side of Mindset Limitations