Peripheral Thinking with Paul Daniels
“If you open your mind, there are lessons EVERYWHERE”
Paul Daniels Jr.
Paul joins me to share how he developed the concept of peripheral thinking, what it is, and the lessons we can learn from considering the periphery.
We discuss how dyslexia has impacted his life, both personally and professionally, the unique set of ‘super skills’ that come naturally to people with dyslexia, and how non-dyslexic individuals can learn them.
We discuss the difference between conventional thinking and peripheral thinking and how peripheral thinkers often look at a problem or circumstance through a different lens.
Paul also shares an exercise you can do to achieve peripheral awareness and how it can help you strengthen your peripheral thinking skills.
This Week on The Mindset Zone:
- How Paul developed the concept of peripheral thinking
- The set of ‘super skills’ that are innate to people with dyslexia and how non-dyslexic individuals can learn them
- The difference between conventional thinking and peripheral thinking
- Keeping your mind open to new – and different – possibilities
- The core of innovation
- How to develop your ‘super skill’ muscles
- An exercise to achieve peripheral awareness
- How learning to tap into a positive state of mind helps you become more aware of your surroundings and possibilities
Paul Daniels Jr.is a keynote speaker, board advisor, and the Chief Revenue Officer at Intelligent Contacts, a communication and payment software company. He is also the founder and CEO of Peripheral Thinkers™, a collaborative think-tank for entrepreneurs and corporate leaders to learn, share, and apply lessons to propel their companies beyond obstacles to change the trajectory of industries worldwide. Paul is also a contributing author of the book: Peak Performance: Mindset Tools for Entrepreneurs. His influence as an executive, entrepreneur, advisor, inventor, author, and speaker spans 40 years, two dozen industries, 27 countries, and more than $2.3-billion in new annual revenue. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Advertising from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a degree in Strategy and Leadership from Harvard Business School.
- PeripheralThinkers Website
- Paul Daniels Jr. Website
- Paul Daniels Jr. Speaking at your next event: https://www.pauldanielsjr.com/hold-the-date or www.pauldanielsjr.com/contact
- Email: [email protected]
- Paul Daniels Jr. on LinkedIn