Positive Spillover Effect with JoAnna Brandi
“Happiness is not just a state of mind. It’s a state of body.”
JoAnna joins me today to discuss how the positive spillover effect helps organizations build company cultures that employees and customers love being part of and how it’s built on strengths, values, and fun working environments.
We discuss how stimulating and enriching company cultures help expand positivity beyond the office. We discuss the impact of positive company cultures on an organization’s revenue and how organizations can address adverse circumstances, like the COVID-19 pandemic, while maintaining a strong positive culture.
We discuss how a company’s culture can impact creativity and innovation and how the COVID-19 pandemic has made organization leaders more aware of the need for empathy, compassion, and understanding in the workplace.
We also discuss the importance of taking breaks, even when you’re ‘in the flow,’ and how organizations can cultivate positivity and high performance in the workplace.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Understanding the positive spillover effect
- How stimulating, enriching company cultures elevate employees and invite them to be the best they can be
- How a positive work environment can impact a company’s bottom line
- How organizations can deal with ‘life’s curve balls’ while maintaining a positive company culture
- The difference between a positive company culture and toxic positivity
- How younger organization leaders are infusing more positivity and happiness into the workplace
- Effective ways to deal with negative or nervous energy to create space for positivity
- How the pandemic made leaders become more aware that they needed to be more empathetic, compassionate, and understanding
- The difference between reaction and response and the importance of ‘pressing the pause button’
- Understanding the importance of taking breaks, even when you’re ‘in the flow’
- How to cultivate positivity and high performance in your company’s culture
- The value of conducting an ‘Appreciation Audit” with your team
JoAnna Brandi is the President of Return on Happiness and the creator of the Practice of Positive Leadership course. She is a Certified Chief Happiness Officer through the Florida International University, a keynote speaker, a workshop facilitator, and a consultant serving a diverse group of clients in small and large organizations and in many different capacities, including as the Chief Inspiration Officer for CEOs, their executives, and staff nationwide. She is the author of several books, including Winning at Customer Retention, Building Customer Loyalty, and 54 Ways to Stay Positive. She is a highly rated speaker at conferences across North America, with workshops and keynote presentations that motivate entire organizations to get passionate about their customers and raise their “Positivity Ratios.”
- Book: Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
Connect with JoAnna Brandi:
- Return on Happiness
- Special Report: 12 Ways to Make Your Workplace a Happy Place
- Practice of Positive Leadership Course
- Return on Happiness on Facebook
- Return on Happiness on Twitter
- JoAnna Brandi on LinkedIn
- JoAnna Brandi on Instagram