Stress is Not a Toxin, It’s a Tool with Dr. G
“Recovery requires comfort and time. Resilience requires stress and change.”
Dr. G joins me today to discuss how we can use stress to build resilience. She explains the neuroscience behind stress and how the brain sees all kinds of change as stressful.
She outlines the skills we can develop to become “change-competent.” She also highlights how leaders should help people navigate through stress and underscores how being mission-focused helps organizations be more resilient and overcome change.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- From Stressed to Resilient and why Dr. G views stress differently
- The brain’s three reflex reactions to change and it views all change as stressful
- Developing mental strength and how to volume down the brain’s safety mechanism
- Developing the muscles of resilience and how good leaders approach organizational stress
- What resilience means to Dr. G and why it’s not a character trait
- Developing the skills necessary for navigating stress
- An antidote to the Great Resignation and how being mission-driven can help organizations become more resilient
- Becoming change-competent through developing the eight resilience skills
Deborah Gilboa, M.D., is a resilience expert who helps families, organizations, and businesses identify the mindset and strategies that turn stress into an advantage. Dr. G works with groups across generations to rewire their attitudes and beliefs and create resilience through personal accountability. In addition to being a board-certified family physician, she is the author of From Stressed to Resilient: The Guide to Handle More and Feel It Less. As renowned for her contagious humor as she is for her expertise, Dr. G is regularly featured on TODAY, Good Morning America, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and other print and digital media outlets.
- Book: The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want by Sonja Lyubomirsky
- Doctor shares ways to turn stress into a beneficial advantage | Dr. G on the TODAY Show
Connect with Dr. G:
- Ask Dr. G
- From Stressed to Resilient Quiz
- Book: From Stressed to Resilient: The Guide to Handle More and Feel It Less
- Dr. G on LinkedIn
- Dr. G on Instagram
- Dr. G on Facebook
- Dr. G on Twitter