The Art of Supportive Confrontation with Flip Brown
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
“You can’t grow your business without growing yourself.”
Today, Flip joins me to talk about supportive confrontation. He notes that, contrary to popular belief, confrontation can be a good thing. He points out that no one can make a person feel anything, and he distinguishes between happiness and other similar states such as contentment or fulfillment.
He defines business culture and explores what’s behind the Great Resignation. He shares what James Taylor said about the secret to life, and he discusses the importance of taking care of our planet.
This Week on The Mindset Zone:
- Supportive confrontation
- Why confrontation can be a good thing
- Why no one can make you feel anything
- The importance of working from the presupposition that everyone has good intent
- Happiness vs. contentment vs. fulfillment
- Business culture and what people look for in it
- The Great Resignation
- The importance of taking care of the planet
Flip Brown is the founder and owner of Business Culture Consultants and the author of Balanced Effectiveness at Work: How to Enjoy the Fruits of Your Labor without Driving Yourself Nuts. Flip’s work is based on the belief that our work can serve to unlock our human potential and produce greater meaning and fulfillment. He assists his business and individual clients to help them see, change, and integrate their patterns of communication, interaction, and behavior. He draws from his extensive experience over five major careers in business, nonprofit management, psychology, teaching, and coaching. He also incorporates being a craftsman, musician, and gardener. Flip subscribes to the philosophy that business should be a force for good, and his company is a Certified B Corp and a member of 1% for the Planet and Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility. He loves his job.
- Connect with Flip Brown on LinkedIn
- Visit his website at businesscultureconsultants.com/
- Read his article The Art of Supportive Confrontation
- Buy his book Balanced Effectiveness at Work: How to Enjoy the Fruits of Your Labor without Driving Yourself Nuts