The Myth of Authenticity with Gina London
“Authenticity is the degree to which a person’s actions are consistent with their identified values and their desired outcomes.”
Gina joins me today to demystify authenticity and discuss how adopting a growth mindset can help you become more authentic in your personal and professional life. We discuss the value of filtering your thoughts and actions toward others while staying true to your authentic self and the outcomes you want to achieve.
Gina shares strategies you can use to retrain your mindset, become more true to your authentic self, and have more purposeful interactions with others.
We also explain how we are constantly communicating with others, even when we’re not speaking, and the importance of being mindful of our body language when engaging with others.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- How Gina defines authenticity
- Common misconceptions on what authenticity truly means
- Adopting a growth mindset to lead a more authentic life
- Filtering your thoughts and actions while staying true to your authentic self
- Understanding that we are the ‘author’ of our authenticity
- The difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset
- Why adopting and establishing a growth mindset is a life-long endeavor
- How to retrain your mindset to be more true to your authentic self
- Unpacking the simultaneously interconnected pieces of how we communicate with others
- Being mindful of your body language
- How long it typically takes to transform your communication patterns
Gina London is an Emmy award-winning former CNN correspondent and anchor turned motivational trainer, executive advisor, and keynote speaker. She is the CEO of Language of Leadership LTD., where she uses her passion for people and storytelling to support leaders and help them better connect, lead, and inspire others. Gina has worked with multiple Fortune 500 organizations, including Facebook, Merck, Salesforce, JP Morgan, and the United States Department of State. In addition to her interactive and motivational trainings and keynote speeches on the power of communicating with purpose and impact, Gina is also a published author and regular media analyst. She has appeared on the BBC, FOX, and CNN and has been interviewed on radio and TV worldwide. Gina also currently writes a weekly business leadership column, “The Communicator,” in Ireland’s largest circulated newspaper, The Sunday Independent, and has presented a TEDx talk on The Myth of Authenticity.
Connect with Gina London:
- Gina London’s Website
- Language of Leadership
- The Myth of Authenticity TEDx Talk
- Gina London on LinkedIn
- Gina London on Instagram
- Gina London on Facebook
- Gina London on Twitter