Through the Lenses with Raj Bandyopadhyay
“In your brand, you tell a wide range of stories about yourself. Reflecting that journey with your photos is an opportunity to create an emotional connection with clients.”
Raj joins me today to discuss how you can tell your personal brand’s story through photos. He explains why he’s passionate about helping people navigate their reservations around having their photos taken.
He describes ageism and the age-related biases present in social media and the entertainment industry. He outlines the four limiting beliefs that hinder people from showing their authentic selves in their personal brand.
Raj also reveals how you can bring your relaxed, playful, and spontaneous side when posing for portraits and how you can elevate your brand’s story through photos.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- How representation for older women has improved in the media over the years
- The struggle with impostor syndrome and self-worth
- The manifestations of perfectionism and how social media has taken it to a whole new level
- The culture of perfectionism in branding
- The cure for perfectionism
- How to use your photos to build a deeper connection with your audience and clients
- Why physical and emotional safety are vital to great portraits
- How to bring your spontaneous and playful side when posing for photos
- Telling a multi-dimensional story using photos and images
- Photography as a cure for the impostor syndrome
Raj Bandyopadhyay is a personal branding photographer and the founder of Series A Photography, which helps coaches and entrepreneurs convey their full, multifaceted, vibrant stories on camera. Before launching Series A Photography, Raj worked as a data scientist for Springboard, an EdTech startup in San Francisco, CA, and served as the Chief Data Scientist for Pindrop Security. He holds an M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from Rice University. Today, as an expert in personal branding photography, Raj is on a mission to help people express themselves fully while building a deep, genuine, lasting connection with their audience.
Connect with Raj Bandyopadhyay:
- Series A Photography
- Series A Photography on LinkedIn
- Series A Photography on Instagram
- Series A Photography on Facebook
- Raj Bandyopadhyay on LinkedIn
- Email: [email protected]