Use STRESS to Your Advantage with Barry Shore
“STRESS means ‘stomach-turning reality, enabling self-success.’ Choice, not chance, determines your destiny. How you choose to respond to any given situation will help determine it.” – Barry Shore
I had the pleasure of speaking with Barry Shore, a mental wellness advocate, philanthropist, multi-patent-holding entrepreneur, speaker, and “Ambassador of JOY.” Barry is the author of The Joy of Living: How to Slay Stress and Be Happy and the host of The JOY of LIVING Podcast.
- The three fundamentals of life
- Using STRESS for success
- Practical tips for cultivating JOY
Human-Centered Innovation with Sue Bevan Baggott
“If you don’t spend enough time having experiences with people in the context of their lives, you don’t get an opportunity to go deeper and understand their true desires, motivations, and values.” – Sue Bevan Baggott
I had the chance to sit down with Sue Bevan Baggott, a speaker, strategy and innovation leader, angel impact investor, and board member with a proven track record of uncovering deep human insights that lead to impactful innovations and breakthrough business results.
- Why organizations need to start with empathy when innovating
- The three core dimensions of successful innovation
- How leaders can nurture innovation in their companies
Play the Meta-Game with Steven Feinberg
“When confronted by uncertainty, first adapters win not by pushing harder with willpower, but by unlocking the game of patterns.” – Steven Feinberg
I had the pleasure of speaking with Steven Feinberg,Ph.D., a NeuroStrategist and executive coach. The leading authority on applying NeuroStrategy and unlocking the game of patterns, Steven has been working with entrepreneurs and organizations to strive for exceptionality.
- What it means to be a first adapter
- How to practice pattern busting
- Why we get stuck in solving problems
Everything Is Connected with Neil Redding
“There is a fundamental way in which the world is connected, even if we don’t understand it intuitively.” – Neil Redding
I sat down with Neil Redding, speaker, author, and the Founder and CEO of Redding Futures, a boutique consultancy that enables brands and businesses to powerfully engage with the Near Future.
- The importance of recognizing connections
- Recognizing the essentialism of connection
- The power of language for fostering connection
Get Out of the Roundabouts of Life with Deborah Johnson
“You’ve got to be able to do the work, get the perspective you need, understand where your position, perspective, and purpose is.” — Deborah Johnson
I spoke with Deborah Johnson, M.A., an international, award-winning musician, author, and keynote speaker. Her career in the entertainment industry spans over 20 years, during which she has written several albums, hundreds of songs, and three full-length musicals.
- How Deborah began her work in public speaking
- The three core elements of life’s roundabout
- The power of purpose over procrastination
Redefining Success with Sue Guiher
“There’s this definition of success that we feel like we have to live up to, and we forget that we need to live according to what we want and what makes us happy and fulfilled.” — Sue Guiher
I had the pleasure of speaking with Sue Guiher, a coach, and consultant on a mission to change how society defines success so that we can create more happiness and fulfillment in our work and businesses.
- Recognizing the ‘success bully’
- Defining success for ourselves
- Aligning the oxygen, the lens, and the anchor
Leap Into Your Best Self with Katie Peuvrelle
“Listen to the still quiet voice in our mind.” — Katie Peuvrelle
I had the opportunity to sit down with Katie Peuvrelle, masterful high-performance coach and author of Leap: Own Your Excellence and Engage Your Best Self in Business, Sports, the Arts & Life.
Katie is passionate about elevating leaders, founders, and athletes to the next level in their careers and capabilities.
- Leaping and leveling up mindsets
- Holding onto fundamental values
- Intuition as a physical sensation
Essentialism and the Power of Prioritization with Greg McKeown
“There's only really two kinds of people. The first type of people are people who are lost, and the second kind of people are the people who know they are lost.” – Greg McKeown
I had the opportunity to sit down with Greg McKeown, CEO of McKeown Inc., and bestselling author of Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less.
- Essentialism and hearing through the noise of daily life
- The power of prioritization
- The key distinction between the non-essentialist and the essentialist
The Power of Thinking BIG with Michael Port
“Big thoughts will give you that little push, they won’t tell you it's okay to not pursue your dreams. Those are the ones that you want to listen to.” — Michael Port
I had the opportunity to sit down with Michael Port, my mentor and the author of several bestselling books, including Book Yourself Solid, Beyond Booked Solid, The Contrarian Effect, The Think Big Manifesto, Steal The Show, and The Referable Speaker: Your Guide to Building a Sustainable Speaking Career.
Michael is known as “the guy you call when you’re tired of thinking small.”
- The power of thinking big
- Recognizing small thoughts and big thoughts
- Determining self-motivation
Blind spots, First Impressions, and People Skills with Jordan Harbinger
“You can build the communication skills, which will build the personality, which will allow you to create the relationships that will then guide you to success. It's not about being born into it.” – Jordan Harbinger
I had the pleasure of speaking with Jordan Harbinger, social dynamics expert, podcast host, and entrepreneur. Jordan is a champion for helping others develop their people skills, communicate effectively, and enrich their connections.
- Taking control of first impressions
- Learning and addressing blind spots
- The overlap of business and relationships