Ana talks Mindsets with CB Bowman
“In a very bizarre way, I was lucky to experience the racism because, to me, it made me a whole person.”
CB Bowman joins me to share her story, noting the power of a mindset of undefeatability. She discusses how this mindset brought her through everything from her experiences with extreme racism to the time she took an unplanned, seemingly unrealistic trip to Panama to visit her father unannounced. We discuss the flexibility of mindset, and she notes the difference between diversity and inclusion. We also discuss the importance of bringing distinctive perspectives to the conversation.
This Week on The Mindset Zone:
- Why we don’t need to be stuck in a mindset.
- Overcoming odds through an unbeatable mindset.
- The importance of pinpointing what needs to be fixed.
- The prevalence of racism, and the different types of racism.
- The importance of diversity.
CB Bowman is the founder of ACEC, or the Association of Corporate Executive Coaches; the CEO of Workplace Equity and Equality; and was recently selected for the Thinkers50 2021 Coaching and Mentoring Award Shortlist.
Resources from this Episode:
- Connect with CB Bowman: website | LinkedIn
- CB Bowman LIVE! Challenges of the C-Suite
- ACEC – Association of Corporate Executive Coaches