The Godfather, Loyalty, & Business with Lou Bortone
“Coppola presented in The Godfather that crime and business are essentially the same thing, but even among thieves there is a code of honor. What’s missing in today’s business world is loyalty and trust.”
Lou joins me today to discuss the lessons we can learn from The Godfather and how we can apply them to business. He shares why he was captivated by The Godfather at a very young age and how it impacted him.
He points out the importance of not letting emotions cloud decision-making in business and explains how the rise of ecommerce has given customers more power. He also describes the challenge of building customer and employee loyalty in the post-pandemic world and highlights the value of relationships in an organization.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Applying the lessons of The Godfather to business and life
- Trust, codes of honor, and how The Godfather is a metaphor for corporate America
- Why relationships are critical in business
- The origins of the Sicilian Mafia
- The challenge of building company loyalty in the post-pandemic world
- Acknowledging the importance of building loyalty and culture in an organization
- How the emergence of ecommerce highlighted the need to create brand loyalty
- The Harley-Davidson brand and how they built a strong following of customers
- Putting a face to a brand and how to make a product more human
Lou Bortone is a popular speaker and the author of Video Marketing Rules: How to Win in a World Gone Video. Lou has over two decades of experience as a marketing executive in TV and entertainment and has worked as the National Promotion Manager for E! Entertainment Television and the Senior Vice President of Marketing for Fox Family Worldwide. He has been a pioneer and thought leader in video marketing since the launch of YouTube in 2005. Known as “The Video Godfather,” Lou helps thousands of entrepreneurs and companies create and leverage online video to build their brands and grow their revenues.
Connect with Lou Bortone:
- Lou Bortone Website
- Book: Video Marketing Rules: How to Win in a World Gone Video
- Take the Cannoli: The Godfather Podcast with Lou Bortone
- Lou Bortone on LinkedIn
- Lou Bortone on Facebook
- Lou Bortone on Twitter