Blindspots, First Impressions & People Skills (with Jordan Harbinger)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
When I was preparing to interview Jordan Harbinger, host of The Art of Charm podcast, I planned to focus this episode on overcoming blindspots.
In fact, I begin by telling the story about my big blindspot in relation to the Top 50 iTunes podcast The Art of Charm that has more than 1.5 million downloads per month.
Yet, the conversation with Jordan was so rich that I decided to rename the podcast.
I changed it from “Overcoming Blindspots”, to “Blindspots, First Impressions and People Skills.”
It’s about learning the art of charm with – the social dynamics expert and entrepreneur – Jordan Harbinger.
We spoke about:
- My initial blindspot in regards to The Art of Charm podcast
- Importance of first impressions
- We can’t prevent people from judging us, yet, we have some control over first impressions
- How to manage how people perceive us
- The blank canvas analogy
- Importance of non-verbal communication
- Jordan’s blindspots
- Why Jordan decided to start his podcast more than a decade ago
- How Jordan learned how to master people skills
- Importance of the growth mindset
The big takeaway is:
You can learn people skills, even master them.