Burnout Recovery with Cait Donovan
“If you are already searching for burnout solutions, the chances that you need prevention techniques are minimal. You likely need recovery techniques.”
– Cait Donovan
In this episode, we dive deep into the topic of burnout recovery with our guest, Cait Donovan.
Cait is a burnout expert who emphasizes the importance of recovery methods for individuals already experiencing burnout. She advocates for a holistic approach to healing and restoring optimal functioning while providing valuable insights and tips for effective burnout recovery.
Listen in as we explore the nuances between stress and burnout, the spectrum of burnout experiences, and the essential elements for recovery.
We hope you find this episode enlightening, and as always, we would love to hear your thoughts on burnout prevention and recovery. How do you see these concepts relevant to your own life and work? Share your insights with us. Your voice matters!
To live a more fulfilling life, it is crucial to practice self-care and explore self-growth. Surrounding ourselves with the right community can make all the difference.
Let's dive in!
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Differentiation between burnout prevention and recovery.
- When we are burned out, our brain works differently
- Definition of burnout by the World Health Organization, WHO.
- The canary in the coal mine as a metaphor for burnout.
- Stress and burnout are not synonymous.
- Listening to the body's signals and practicing self-care.
- Self-care, boundaries, and community.
- Passion and purpose are not enough to prevent burnout.
- Burnout in healthcare and essential workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meet the Guest:
Cait Donovan is an International Keynote Speaker, host of “Fried – The Burnout Podcast,” author of the book “The Bouncebackability Factor”, and has a master’s degree in Chinese medicine. Her creative burnout recovery solutions have been featured on podcasts and online magazines such as “Forbes”, “NPR,” and “The New York Post” and in companies such as The New York Public Library and PepsiCo.
- Website: caitdonovan.com
- Facebook Group: FRIED. The Burnout Podcast Discussion Group
- LinkedIn: Cait Donovan
- Podcast: FRIED. The Burnout Podcast
- #straightfromcait: Bad Advice for Burnout (and what to do instead)
- #straightfromcait: Burnout Risk Factors – A Holistic View