MVV – Mission, Vision, and Values with Josh Patrick
“A good mission statement, in my opinion, is seven words or less and be answered with a yes or no.”
— Josh Patrick
Welcome to another exciting episode of Mindset Zone! In today's episode, we have a special guest, Josh Patrick, who will delve into the fascinating world of MVVs, or Mission, Vision, and Values.
You might be surprised to learn that there is no core book or program about creating these essential statements for businesses. However, our guest believes that having clarity about your MVVs is crucial for both individuals and companies.
Josh emphasizes the importance of values like respect and how core principles should be upheld in every aspect of a business.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Importance of MVVs (Mission, Vision, and Values statements)
- Josh talks about the Zero-Tolerance policy for disrespect towards employees
- Importance of maintaining integrity and walking the talk
- Role of learning and continuous improvement
- How to create a positive impact in everything one does
- Using core values to make recommendations and decisions
- The importance of articulating one's own values as a business owner
- Narrowing down values to 3 to 5 and providing clarifying statements
- The negative impact brilliant jerks can have on a company
- The role of personal responsibility in a company's values
- Life Values Inventory by R. Kelly Crace, Ph.D. & Duane Brown, Ph.D.
- The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business by Patrick M. Lencioni
- MEA – Modern Elderac Academy
- Dan Sullivan
Josh’s passion in life is helping private business owners create extraordinary value with their businesses and lives. As a Certified Financial Planner® and a Financial Transitionist®, he knows how to help you get the most value from your business both from personal experience (selling his successful 90-employee business) and from helping countless others do the same.
As a former blogger for the New York Times, Josh shared his tips for preparing for the future in his book, Sustainable: A Fable About Creating a Personally and Economically Sustainable Business. He has taught over 200 seminars and hundreds of companies over the past 35 years.
Connect with Josh Patrick:
- Website: https://www.sustainablebusiness.co/
- Email: [email protected]