Power of Commitment with Frank Wagner
“Commitment requires believing in something you care about—whether it’s your family, your nation, or your profession—and acting consistently with that belief.”
– Frank Wagner
Frank joins me today to discuss the power of commitment. He shares why he’s passionate about commitment and describes what makes a great leader. He outlines the five areas of commitments a leader should leverage and explains the importance of support and improvement.
Frank also reveals the common ground between great leaders and managers and offers advice on how the commitment framework could be applied to self-leadership.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Commitment to customers, organization, their people, and results
- The power of commitment to values and oneself
- The relationship between commitment, beliefs, and integrity
- A framework for maintaining commitments
- Focusing on what’s important and leading by example
- Connecting your behavior to what’s important
- Rewarding success and managing disrespect
- Challenging expectations and taking risk-making changes
Frank Wagner is a behavioral coach who specializes in leadership behavior, commitment, teamwork, organizational influence, coaching, and leadership development. Frank is a co-founding partner of Marshall Goldsmith Partners, where he oversees the training process of Marshall Goldsmith’s behavioral coaching method. He holds a Ph.D. and Master of Business Administration from UCLA’s Anderson School of Management, where he also served as a postdoctoral scholar.
Connect with Frank Wagner:
- Marshall Goldsmith
- Book: The Power of Total Commitment: A Leader’s Legacy
- Marshall Goldsmith Partners on LinkedIn
- Frank Wagner on LinkedIn