Take Charge of Your Career & Life with Tammy Gooler Loeb
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
“We have to start from the inside out because that’s where we have the power and control over our own lives. We have to drive our own bus. That’s where it begins.”
– Tammy Gooler Loeb
Tammy joins me today to discuss how to create career and life transitions and take charge of the uncertainty that comes with it.
She explains why there’s so much dissatisfaction in today’s workplaces and why we need to shift our mindsets around professional development and career progression. She describes the complexity of career satisfaction and why creating a fulfilling life can’t be done with quick fixes.
Tammy also highlights why it’s never too late to make shifts in your career and underscores why identifying one’s core values is essential to making life or professional transitions.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Common uncertainties people experience when making transitions in their lives or careers
- The “reactionary” phase people encounter when they want to change their careers
- The complexity of career fulfillment and satisfaction
- Making lasting changes in life and embracing the experimentation mindset
- Ana’s “PIE” method and the three types of pauses
- Why professional transitions and changes are never linear
- The importance of self-reflection and seeking the help of career professionals
- How fear can prevent us from making changes in our lives and careers
- Why it’s never too late to make shifts in your career
- Learning to be gentle with ourselves and preventing the inner critic from taking over
Tammy Gooler Loeb is a career and executive coach who has been helping her clients clarify their goals, develop personalized plans, and achieve fulfilling results since 1991. Tammy held various roles in mental health services, higher education, fundraising, and public policy before establishing her coaching practice—Tammy Gooler Loeb Coaching & Consulting. These roles include serving as the Master Coach for the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley for over nine years and working as an executive and leadership coach for the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. A public speaker and facilitator, Tammy also serves as a core guide and executive coach at Chief, a private member network for women executives. She hosts the podcast, Work from the Inside Out, and is the author of Work from the Inside Out: Break Through Nine Common Obstacles and Design a Career That Fulfills You.
Connect with Tammy Gooler Loeb:
- Tammy Gooler Loeb Website
- Book: Work from the Inside Out: Break Through Nine Common Obstacles and Design a Career That Fulfills You
- Podcast: Work from the Inside Out
- Tammy Gooler Loeb on LinkedIn
- Tammy Gooler Loeb on Instagram
- Tammy Gooler Loeb on Facebook
- Book: The Gift: 14 Lessons to Save Your Life by Dr. Edith Eva Eger
- Book: The Choice: Embrace the Possible by Dr. Edith Eva Eger