Courage to Leap and Lead with CB Bowman
“My intent is not to shame or blame. My intent is to create awareness.”
– CB Bowman
This episode is a re-broadcast of an interview with CB Bowman, who is publishing her new book “Courage to Leap & Lead.” CB Bowman is a certified Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC), podcast host, and keynote speaker.
In our conversation, we discussed the concept of courage and how it is evolving in today's world, which is facing multiple pandemics. CB describes courage in daily actions, how to inspire it in others, and the importance of creating awareness.
CB also emphasizes the role of courage in corporate America and tackles sensitive subjects such as racism and discrimination. She shares her approach to courage, based on a powerful process that helps companies innovate, energize, and maintain their workforce.
Let's dive in!
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- 00:00 Introduction and Welcome
- 00:50 About the Guest: CB Bowman
- 02:56 Defining Courage
- 04:37 The Five Pandemics
- 06:12 Economic Challenges and Courage
- 07:18 Revisiting the Definition of Courage
- 10:27 Courage in Communication
- 22:22 Courage in Corporate America
- 24:24 Connecting with CB Bowman
- 26:23 Conclusion and Farewell
Meet the Guest:
CB is a graduate of the New School for Social Research. She received her MBA from Pace University, where she served on the Advisory board for the Lubin School of Business and as an adjunct professor in the marketing department. She was an instructor at Rutgers University Center for Management Development and an adjunct professor at Mercy College, teaching organizational behavior and Human Resource Management.
She is a contributing author in the “Complex Situations in Coaching: A Critical Case-Based Approach,” 1st Edition, and “Coach Me! Your Personal Board of Directors: Leadership Advice from the World's Greatest Coaches,” and has published several articles on coaching. CB Bowman has been recognized by her peers and in coach and consulting world.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Top 50 Coaches in the World by Thinkers50
- Top 10 Global Thought Leaders and Influencers on Coaching 2023 by Thinkers 360
- Top 3 Global Thought Leaders and Influencers on Diversity and Inclusion2023 by Thinkers 360
- Authored The Year’s Most Popular Articles from Thinkers360 Thought Leaders
- Named one of the Power List of the Top 200 Biggest Voices in Leadership in 2022 and 2023 by Leadershum
- Top 15 experts in branding by Global Gurus
- Ranked by Marshall Goldsmith's Top Global Coaches as the #1 coach for increasing the quality of coaching.
Her new book “Courage to Leap & Lead: A roadmap for redefining failure into success” is expected to be released JAN 16, 2024. Pre-order now at courage-consulting.com.
- Connect with CB Bowman: LinkedIn | Website
- Book recommendation: It's the Little Things: Everyday Interactions That Anger, Annoy, and Divide the Races by Lena Williams
- CB Bowman’s podcast