Healing from Toxic Business Culture with Mark Silver
“Envision a world where business doesn't take up more space than it really should.”
In this episode, we have a special guest, Mark Silver, who has been working with heart-centered entrepreneurs for over two decades. Mark has recently published a book titled “Heart Centered Business: Healing from toxic business culture so your small business can thrive.” We dive into the reasons behind Mark's decision to write this book and the importance of integrating spirituality with the nitty-gritty of small businesses.
Throughout the conversation, we explore the concept of business as a force for good and how we can challenge toxic business culture to create structures that support connection and integrity.
Join us as we unpack the fascinating history of commerce and trade, and discover how businesses can become a transformative force in our society. It's time to embrace a new mindset in the business world.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
- Business as a Force for Good
- Exploration of the history of commerce and trade
- Bringing love and care into business
- Shifting from serving business to business serving us
- Effective business functioning while expressing caring and love
- Breaking through limiting beliefs
- Shifting focus to a triple bottom line approach
- Creating a wider perspective of business success
- Business and spirituality
Meet the Guest:
Since 1999, Mark Silver, M.Div., has worked with heart-centered entrepreneurs to help them realize that every act of business can be an act of love. Mark is one of the pioneers in integrating real spirituality with the nitty-gritty of small business, he founded Heart of Business, Inc. in 2001. A designated Master Teacher within his Sufi lineage, he has received his Masters of Divinity.
As a coach, teacher, and spiritual healer, he has facilitated thousands of individual sessions with entrepreneurs and has led hundreds of classes, seminars, groups, and retreats. His weekly writings and teachings are followed by thousands of people around the globe.
A fourth-generation entrepreneur, prior to Heart of Business Mark ran a distribution business, turned around a struggling non-profit magazine, and worked as a paramedic in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Heart-Centered Business: Healing from toxic business culture so your small business can thrive by Mark Silver